Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
xpto

Call of Duty Demo

Call of Duty Demo

The so much waited Activision game mostrado ao publico at quakecon2003 and its expected to be released in Christmas time its now available an one map DEMO laugh

This page as all the available links to grab it [178 MB]

In gamespot and in Tiscali podem ver alguns screenshots

914586_20030829_screen003.jpg

914586_20030829_screen006.jpg

bmg3.jpg

blg3.jpg

blg5.jpg

blgd.jpg

if anyone did already tryed out this game on linux please report it here. Im downloading at the moment im writing this post, but i expect it will run atleast with winex ;(

Works Great with wine 20030813. fake windows

Gentoo1.4rc3

2.6.0test5 kernel

I had to compile a kernel with oss drivers could'nt get alsa drivers to work with it.

really? I've got the problem that it can't find the default.cfg. Any Ideas on how to get around it? Can't wait to get the game though laugh

Quote:
really? I've got the problem that it can't find the default.cfg. Any Ideas on how to get around it? Can't wait to get the game though laugh

Try re install. let me know what version of wine you are using and whether or not you are using fake windows.
And if in doubt post yopur ~/.wine/config

BTW COD the final release is reported working with wine.
See Gentoo forum...

ok, I did reinstall CoDdemo, same problem. I'm running wine20031016 with fake windows. Btw, I'm running a dualboot system of suse 9.0 and win XP.

The only thing I changed in my ~/.wine/config

was a line in [x11drv]

"DesktopDoubleBuffered" = "Y"

I then installed

Code:
wine ll_of_duty_demo_gsi.exe

To run game I simply

Code:
wine CoDSP.exe

Ok, I managed to get rid of the "cant' find the default.cof" error, but, I got a new one.

This time it's "GL_ARB_texture_compression not found"?!? Does anybody have any tipps on how to solve it?

Allso, when I start the game (wine CoDSP.exe) i get these messages in the Command prompt

fixme:heap:GlobalMemoryStatu[censored] we should emulate the 4GB bug here, as per MSDN

fixme ;(11drv:X11DRV_resize_desktop Need to update SYSMETRICS after resizing display (now 640x480)

fixme ;(11drv:X11DRV_resize_desktop Need to update SYSMETRICS after resizing display (now 800x600)

can anybody decipher this, because I can't.

Anyway, thanks