Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jWe

Colin McRae in Win2k

I would really like to get this game to work under windows 2000.

------------------

/>jWe<

I have Colin Mcrae 2 installed on Windows 2000 and it works perfect, no problems at all. No tweaks just all the Windows Update files and CMR 2 patch.

ditto, cmr2 works flawlessly in w2k, with or without the patch. Is there an error message, does it abort the installation? what is the problem specifically?

How come you guys have assumed its CMR2, there is a CMR you know.

because cmr1 does not play in win2k on my machine anyway, i assumed it should have been cmr2. good question though.... is it cmr1 or 2?

the compatibility list shows cmr1 as a no go at first, but later on the page there is a workaround

1) Windows 2000 patch (from http://w1.112.telia.com/~u11203606/cmronw2k.htm ) or

2) To get this working under windows 2000, get the latest app compatability update from windows update, create a shortcut to Rally.exe, goto the shortcut properties, then the Compatability tab, select Windows 98 Compability Layer. Run the game from the shortcut you just made.

hope it works for you!

The game works fine but my steering wheel seems to be unwilling to communicate ( altough well connected and calibrated).Someone has mentioned a "QFixApp" where can i find that and do the adjustments

Quote:

In the FAQ, there's mention of this. Try disabling "EmulateJoystick" under fixes. See FAQ for more details.

I 've tried to download the ACT 1.5 and during install i get the following message

ERROR 1901

Error attempting to read from source installation database C:/WINTT/Installer/2551f1.msi

RETRY CANCEL
What seems to be wrong ? The game runs since i got the small zip file from http://w1.112.telia.com/~u11203606/cmronw2k.htm. but the steering wheel fails to work in the above game.

Oof. I don't know about that. You could try reinstalling it, or redownloading incase the download was corrupted. If you're using WinXP, use ACT 2.0.

Anyone else know what the problem might be?

i can get the game to work its just the main menu doesnt, it all overlaps its self and cant be read then, ne1 ne ideas on how to fix it?

hmm will try that stuff, but i am using window XP does that matter? there dont seem to be ne info on Colin Mcrae working under that

Is anyone able to provide me with the patch mentioned above? The website appears to no longer be valid frown

yeah sure i have it,

EDIT: ok i now have SO many ppl asking me for this file, its not practical for me to keep emailing it. so i need some hosting for it pls. its only about 1.5mb all told, including the 1.5 patch which u need anyway. can someone pls help me out? and let ppl continue playing this great game.

thanks guys......its all about helping each other out after all. wink