Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
acidspray

Game controllers under Win2K, what works?

Still waiting for gaming device manufacturers to get with the program as far as their drivers are concerned...I am used to using a SpaceOrb for my game controlling needs (Quake3, UT, Half-Life) buy the drivers are not there, and no date has been set for release.

I have tried a few MS devices: Dual Impact and Gamepad Pro USB, but the software was not fully functional under Win2k, or other anomalies occured.

I am currently considering a new mouse and keyboard anyway, and the right combo might hold me over (or become my mainstay for gaming)...

So, what is a good gaming mouse that works 100% under Win2k (am leaning towards optical, with one of those nice Ratpadz or the like)...

Thanks,

-AciD

I use one hehe I don't like my mouse on a race track you know what I mean DosFreak hehehe.

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 20 March 2000).]

Yeah, I'm looking at the MS Intellieye Explorer and some others.

Are the buttons (finger and thumb) fully configurable under games such as Q3A, UT and the like?

Is the Win2K driver support there?

Thanks,

-AciD

Full Win2K driver support. It also comes with an adapter that lets you use either USB or PS/2. Some people don't like this mouse though because they think it is too big. Also when you first start using it if you spin the mouse too fast in a FPS game your POV might look up or down. But after you get used to it it almost never happens.

Thanks for the response. Now if I can only justify spending that much on a friggin' mouse!

Don't think I saw it in your response, are all buttons mappable in FPS games, or does it depend on the game? There are 5 buttons, no (3 top/2 side)?

Thanks again,

-AciD

To get the other buttons on the Intellieye to work, just map their value to a keyboard key and them map that key to a function in your games. I personally don't have one, but people I know do and that's how they got it to work!

I have a M$ percision pro with USB adaper plugged in, and it seems to work fine.

I'm using a Logitech wireless keyboard and M$ intellimouse w/intellieye.