Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

UT and NVidia 3.81

I think the drivers are worse than the 3.78

In the game, I noticed that sometimes, I cant see my hand and weapon, and sometimes, ALL the guys on the board turn invisible, cant see anyone...

Only happens with the 3.81 drivers, so be ware...

------------------

BoDEAN

http://www.sammyhagar.net

Thanks for letting us know man! I was just about to install the new drivers but I thought I'd check here first to see if people are having trouble with them.

As Unreal Tourney is the game that I play the most, maybe it's not advisable for me to upgrade.

Anyone have other opinions concerning the new drivers?

JBoDean, which 3d card do you have? And which drivers did you have prior to the new ones?

Andy

I played for about 10 minutes and everything was fine for me with the new drivers. I have an ASUS TNT 3400TV and I upgraded from the ASUS 3.79b1 drivers. My cards not overclocked at the moment, try that next...

eraser-

I've been playing Unreal Tourney for the last two hours with the new Nvidia 3.81 drivers no prob's so far. They seem more stable in my system than the 3.78 drivers. Diamond TNT2 Ultra not overclocked.

-------------

badboy

UT looks great! These are MUCH better than the 3.78 crash happy drivers, so far

I'm finding them fine, not crashed yet and performance on games is...well it seems a bit better.

Find a big nuisance though in that some menus are invisible when you select them - and don't appear until you move over where they should be - this is annoying to say the least.

Exorcist

the new 3.81 drivers have caused my problems with me and my creative tnt2u... if i try to change video settings in Q3 or when i exit out of halflife i get program errors... if you guys aren't having problems great... but to me it seems the 3.78 drivers are more stable

No probs here either! The 3.81 drivers work just great. I noticed a significant improvement over the older (3.78) drivers. Now most of my games run just as well in Win2k as they did in Win98. smile

finaly my diamond viper v770 ultra will run ut in full screen i had to play in a box on all the other vertion on nvida drivers.

well its not like i will see any drivers any time soon from diamond.

but yes i think the new driver run great..

Wallaby