Compatible Support Forums
chuikingman

delay startup in XP

Hi, I use XP ,I want to delay the startup time in the startup folder .I do not want to install other party software .Can I edit the registry to achieve this ??Please give m detailed ...

Hi, I use XP ,I want to delay the startup time in the startup folder .I do not want to install other party software .Can I edit the registry to achieve this ??Please give m detailed ...

Is it a particular program that you would like to delay, or just all of them in Startup ???? There ARE several progs out there that will allow this and they have a rather small footprint I believe.... I understand your not wanting another prog to run, but doing this by editing the registry *Might* be a real bummer....... Try doing the Google for something like "Delay startup programs in Registry" or "Editing the registry to delay startup programs"......you'll have to fool with this.....

But ANYWAY:

Here's one site to check out....

And another.....

And one more for now...

Best of luck to ya sir !!! That's an interesting question, and though I don't have any progs I wanna delay, I'd like to know myself !!! B)

Check the Registry and services..

Uncheck all unwanted Applications and services that are running under startup.

And uncheck all default applications which you dont want to use anymore.

:unsure: I think that it is much better and safer to use a reliable registry cleanning tool for computer.It is professional and not harmful.