Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hedpe

Diamond Stealth III S540 w/opengl/Q3

Okay I have a Diamond Stealth III S540 that runs off the s3 virge chip. I was wondering if anyone has gotten quake 3 or opengl to run with it in windows 2000. If not maybe Rogue Spear? Any kinda drivers for this card for opengl/direct3d/anything like that would be greatly appriciated. So if you have any or know how to get Q3 to run in win2k with the Diamond Stealth III S540 please let me know!

Well first off, you have the right board but the wrong chip. The Stealth III uses S3's Savage 4 not the Virge from 1997. As for getting Quake 3 to work with OpenGL... you can download the latest NT4 drivers and install those but keep the Windows 2000 drivers on. So when you restart, after you've installed the NT4 drivers, disable but do not uninstall the Windows 2000 drivers.

OpenGL should work... smile

Download em at S3 Planet @ http://www.s3planet.force9.co.uk/

------------------

Windows 2000 - It's the future of "2D"

[This message has been edited by Keros (edited 08 February 2000).]

Okay i'm still getting the error:

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

In quake 3

I installed the win2k s3 savage4 reference first, then i went through it and hit update driver and put the win nt4 drivers in from that page you gave me, rebooted and still get the error. What else do i need to install? Is there opengl i can get from somewhere to install?