Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stain_Maker

V3/W2K- SMP/Q3A/ - What the hell am I doing wrong???

I have been trying unsuccessfully to get Q3A to run with R_SMP 1 under W2K and have been failing miserably. Even time it seems to load, then I get a gray screen with the cursor being an hour glass.

I've installed the latest V3 drivers and Q3 point release with no help.

Last night I even reloaded W2k and I'm still getting the same problem. I read and re-read the installation instructions for the video drivers and think I'm doing it correctly. I even lowered the processor speed back down to 366Mhx to see if that was the problem. Still no help.

Anyone have any ideas????

BP6 366->550Mhz

V3 3000

MX300

AHA2940

PX-R820T

The voodoo GL driver doens't support SMP at this point. Perhaps they will incorperate it at a later date but as it stands now voodoo = no smp q3.

This would be 3dfx's job right? Man this sucks. Just had this same trouble, don't get me wrong it my new dual celery 366 @550 playing one cpu is faster than my old 233mmx @ 225 (75MHZ FSB better ya know). this w2k smp is not too bad but now I have no SMP in Q3 and no pantherXL drivers for w2k. Drivers will come after release I heard, but who knows when or if 3dfx will put enough resources into the V3. I have a feeling there forging ahead and leaving us behind. Maybe I can return the videocard, should have built this thing around my V2 SLI and waited for 2nd gen T&L but for 90 bucks I wanted to get out of my Intergraph reactor (Virete 1000) 2d (It really sucked).

Holy, relax man...you have one of the best cards to use in win2k. Just check how much better the drivers and compatability are compared to the Nvidia camp. Just cause 3dfx's drivers aren't tuned to a computer setup that about 1% of the gaming community have doesn't mean they are ignoring voodoo3 users. And it doesn't mean the Nvida drivers suck for everyone! =) Did I mention they put out some new Voodoo2 drivers recently? Also I still have yet to see win2k in the stores....hmm perhaps thats a reason there's no drivers yet =)