Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  

External Hard drive not showing up.

when i plug my external hard drive it’s not showing up so i did the whole computer management thing but my external hard drive doesn’t show up on disk management it only shows my drive c: and cd drive so no matter what i do i can’t change the letter for my drive to reformat it to fat32.

this problem happened when i reformat my computer including my external hard drive accidentally to ntfs after i reformat my computer i plugged in my external hard drive then the computer cannot read it anymore, i did everything i even update my drivers, change my usb cable but nothing’s working, i even plug it to other computers but the same thing happen it can’t be read.

I think changing it back to fat will solve my problem but i can't because it doesn't show up at my computer.

please help me. i’ve been looking for solutions but still can’t fix the problem.

please…

this problem happened when i reformat my computer including my external hard drive accidentally to ntfs

Sounds like you had the external drive attached when you reformatted and/or reinstalled Windows and corrupted the external hard drive.

You should be able to reformat the drive and install the drive software from the manufacturer. What make and model external drive are you using?