Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
blueworm

Medal Of Honor

Thanks relick

I also tried the installer out of curiosity. but It would'nt recognize cd1 (it starts with 2 all ok) maybe I did something wrong.

Most likely it is due to the fact I am using the spanish version.

No big deal I had allready installed manually, I played all the way through the single player campaign, no major issues, I found it rock solid.(apart from sound)

cant wait to play spearhead!

Quote:
Thanks relick
I also tried the installer out of curiosity. but It would'nt recognize cd1 (it starts with 2 all ok) maybe I did something wrong.
Most likely it is due to the fact I am using the spanish version.
No big deal I had allready installed manually, I played all the way through the single player campaign, no major issues, I found it rock solid.(apart from sound)
cant wait to play spearhead!

This is the same issue that happens with the UT2003 installer, you just have to open another terminal window and type, before starting the installer;

export SETUP_CDROM=/mnt/cdrom (or cdrom2 if you are using another cdrom device)

Let me know if that helps out.

Quote:
Noob question, I downloaded the installer, and how do I go about installing in Linux from the disks with it ;(

How much of a newbie are you ?

Open two terminal windows, one to run the installer, the other to unmount and remount the 2 game CD's. You will have to install the game as ROOT.

1. Download installer
2. # chmod 755 installer (makes it executable)
3. Insert Game CD in CDROM drive
4. # export SETUP_CDROM=/mnt/cdrom
5. #./game_installer (should find the game CD)
6. When prompted to instert the second game CD, (in the second terminal window)
7. # umount /mnt/cdrom
8. # eject cdrom
9. Insert the second Game CD,
10. # export SETUP_CDROM=/mnt/cdrom,
11. Then click on okay to continue. (Should be it.)

We also need to know what Distro you are running, how many CDROM drives you have...etc, some more of your system specs please. Cheers.

I tried installing mohaa. I installed it on my windows pc, updated to latest patch, then transfered it to linux box. Extracted the linux beta for it and it says cant find mohaa_lnx but its sittting in medal of honors directory. WTF?

Dont kill yourself trying to get this to run, The binary has expired a new beta should be along one of these days.

Hey i finally got ati driver installed but it said something bout Check.sh blah blah error of some sort saying i was only in 2dmode. I installed wineX and got mohaa to start up then crashes saying

cannot load default.cfg