Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shakim

Ethernet Compatibility

I have a AMD 2100, Leadtek k7ncr18g-pro motherboad. With nvidia chipset, onboard audio, video, ethernet 10/100. I am running the Linux redhat 9's internet connection wizard. It doesn't recognize my onboard ethernet port. Does anyone know of a patch or driver site. Or the name of the company that makes that card. I open it the case but it's onboard. Can anyone help me!

That an nForce2 board isn't it? What you want then is the nVidia nvnet nForce LAN driver module. You can get the latest version here or, if a new version is released in the future, by going to the main nVidia drivers page and selecting "Platform / nForce Drivers", "Unified Driver" and "Linux" before hitting the "Go" button. Driver modules for the onboard audio hardware are also included in this package but if you plan on using the onboard audio I recommend you ignore them completely and go for the ALSA Project drivers. I personally recommend you grab the source tarballs (especially if you have a non-nVidia video card and want 3D acceleration as a fairly important kernel patch is included in the source package) and compile them manually but nVidia also provide binary RPMs for several other distributions, including Red Hat 9.