Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raze2k

ATI Rage Mobility and OpenGL Support

I have Windows 2000 installed on my Dell Inspiron 7000 notebook and all is well, except for two things. First is the lack of support for my hardware DVD decoder... but that's not a major setback since I can use a software player. The second problem, however, is that I can't get OpenGL to work under Windows 2000. Any suggestions? (BTW, are they Win2k drivers for the ATI Rage Pro chipset? The Mobility can sometimes use drivers that are intended for the Pro chipset). Thanks in advance.

Well as far as I know the ATI cards works without much problems....only thing is I can't watch my damn TV on it cause there's no win2k software for the tv tuner...and it's a fresh win2k install so I couldn't do a previous win98 install first which this page says you should do to make it work... And I also can't get the Control Panels to work either. But Win2k has pretty much the drivers for the card...installed Rage 128Magnum on one machine and ATI all-in-wonder pro (8MB) on another and no problems with drivers.