Compatible Support Forums
toffuuu

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Hi everyone, I would just like to know if anyone as had success if at all with all the hardware i will list on here or if there are any issues i should be made aware of, i do not really need help (unless u can find a very similar and at the same price or real close to it if its known Linux won't work on it, of what i list) thanks..

ASUS DVD/CD Burner

MSI 790XT-G45 AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard this i would rather use cause alot of the others are just one socket but also includes FireWire 400, but i wanted more options for sockets..

Palit NEAT2400FHD01 GeForce GT 240 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card now this thing I know has 32bit and 64 bit drivers for Linux but thought i'd just also include just in case

VANTEC 4-Port USB 2.0 & 3-Port FireWire 400 PCI Combo Host Card Model UGT-UF100 i really need this for the firewire 400 since i have an external hard drive that uses firewire 400

Kingston HyperX T1 Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W

RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEBP 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply

Looks like your questions were answered on the Ubuntu forums. Let folks know if that is not the case.

Looks like your questions were answered on the Ubuntu forums. Let folks know if that is not the case.

yea well not many have really responded tho... basically what i really like to know is the Mobo completely supported really and I did already switch to nvidia v card, I just would love to have as much input as possible without ppl saying things like go with a Mobo that just use 1 socket and things like that.. and also I truly wanna be sure that the Vantec PCI card will also work under ubuntu.. and i have asked this also at other places other then ubuntu forums, but frankly hasnt really been all that helpful (just alil too much criticizing, and no helpful answers) the nvidia thing tho was helpful at least on ubuntu.. but still some unanswered issues really as i said above.. thanks for responding at least..