Compatible Support Forums
scurveymic

Dungeon Keeper 2 on vista

OK so i recently finished playing dk1 which was enough of a chore to get working on vista. So I downloaded dk2, got through the install just fine, and managed to play the game for a bit. The game crashed on me after i tried to restart a level, a number of fixes for which i've found and will try if the problem persists. but after wards when i tried to load the game it said "please insert key cd-rom. press ok and try again" the first time i encountered this issue i simply remounted my image file and tried a few more times and it loaded. today, however, when i got on to play it refused to load up the game after numerous attempts. I've looked everywhere and cant find a solution for this issue. can anyone help?

btw since i havent seen this fix on here, and i figure i should help as long as im asking for help. my magic fix for DK1 on vista

you need to download the windows compatibility toolkit.

Enter dungeon keeper for product name

bullfrog for producers

locate the file extension for dungeon keeper

run in 256 color

640x480

windowssplite mode

click next

ForceDirectDrawEmulation

side note- dont change anything in the properties for the exe file. i had made a number of these changes directly to the file extension and the program didn't work until i undid them.

OK so i recently finished playing dk1 which was enough of a chore to get working on vista. So I downloaded dk2, got through the install just fine, and managed to play the game for a bit. The game crashed on me after i tried to restart a level, a number of fixes for which i've found and will try if the problem persists. but after wards when i tried to load the game it said "please insert key cd-rom. press ok and try again" the first time i encountered this issue i simply remounted my image file and tried a few more times and it loaded. today, however, when i got on to play it refused to load up the game after numerous attempts. I've looked everywhere and cant find a solution for this issue. can anyone help?

btw since i havent seen this fix on here, and i figure i should help as long as im asking for help. my magic fix for DK1 on vista

you need to download the windows compatibility toolkit.

Enter dungeon keeper for product name

bullfrog for producers

locate the file extension for dungeon keeper

run in 256 color

640x480

windowssplite mode

click next

ForceDirectDrawEmulation

side note- dont change anything in the properties for the exe file. i had made a number of these changes directly to the file extension and the program didn't work until i undid them.

You should update the DK2 to verson 1.70.

This update includes some graphical improvements.