an nVidia TNT 2 32Mb graphics card, running

Windows NT Workstation 4.0. I was wondering

if anyone could recommend any games which are

compatible with NT and will give good

performance with the TNT card (I already

have GLQuake, Flight Sim 98 and F/A-18 Hornet

3).

Thanks in advance

That TNT2 is a nice card but there's far more NT game support for 3dfx cards. I have both in my system. I use the 3dfx cards more often.

Here's why:

The NVidia chips are strong in DirectX right? Well, NT is still using DirectX 3.0. So, if you drop DirectX support your left with OpenGL. The only games I know of that have good OpenGL support are the Quake family games. i.e. GLQuake, QuakeII, Sin, Wages of Sin, Half-Life, Half-Life Opposing Force, and mediocre support for Unreal Tournament. I think Starsiege and Descent 3 can use OpenGL also and Quake3 will be out soon too.

Of course there's software rendered games too like Starcraft and Command and Conquer.

With a 3dfx card you could also play Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Freespace and Freespace 2 to name a few.

Windows 2000 is just around the corner too.

Ben

I've often considered buying a 3DFX Voodoo card in addition to TNT 2. Apart from having GLide support under NT, it's also better supported by Linux. The only disadvantage is that it can't do 32-bit 3D, but I can get around this with the TNT 2. Obviously, I'd have to get a PCI model, as the TNT 2 is sitting in the AGP slot right now.

Maybe I'm being a bit thick, but is there anyway I can configure NT to use the TNT 2 card for 2D and OpenGL, but still recognise the Voodoo card when I want to play 3DFX games?

Sure. Most games will let you choose. For example, in Quake II if I select "Default OpenGL" it will use the GeForce256, if I select "3dfx OpenGL" it will use the Voodoo2's.

Ben