Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cormac

IE8--Gif's problem

Hey all, it's been awhile.

The problem I'm having is I finally decided to update to IE 8 incase my Firefox went down for some reason. Now IE 8 claims that only it can show gif files for me. I've tried using my normal viewing program, Vue Print Pro32 and it won't show gif's anymore. I have already went back into Vue Pro and tried to re associate gif's to Vue Pro but it didn't work.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this problem or should I just rip out IE?

Hey all, it's been awhile.

The problem I'm having is I finally decided to update to IE 8 incase my Firefox went down for some reason. Now IE 8 claims that only it can show gif files for me. I've tried using my normal viewing program, Vue Print Pro32 and it won't show gif's anymore. I have already went back into Vue Pro and tried to re associate gif's to Vue Pro but it didn't work.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this problem or should I just rip out IE?

Problem solved. Just go to the file you want and click it open, then right click the picture and choose open with. Click on choose default program and it will set the association up for you. You can also put a check in the box on that last page to make it so the one program will always open that type of file.