Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hollywood63

Mozilla 1.4

How do I get the new Mozilla download to run. I downloaded YUM and installed it then I downloaded the latest Mozilla 1.4. I then went to terminal and ran yum install mozilla 1.4 it said tha it installl ed it but when I open the browser it is still the 1.2.1 version. What did I screw up this time????

Thanks

You shouldn't have to specify the version, if YUM is any good you'll just be able to type yum install mozilla (or yum upgrade(?) mozilla if it's already instead) and it'll automatically download and install the latest version. You may have to synchronise your local package database against an online database before you'll get the latest packages but I don't know how to go about doing that (now, if it were Debian or Gentoo...) or even if it's necessary.

You need to add Rawhide (Redhat's developer distro) to your /etc/yum.conf:

Code:
[rawhide]name=Red Hat Linux Rawhidebaseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/redhat/rawhide/i386/os

Then run yum upgrade mozilla

It is not necessary to synchronise the database because YUM detect all changes and will even auto update the system.

I tried as you suggested and when it updates it reads that mozzila is already installed and the latest version but I can not get it to run.