Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

I don't mean to piss everyone off..........

Arin

Please don't do this any more thank

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 20 October 2000).]

Arrrgh, stop showing those stupid pics! mad Post something with some meaning or something.

put them on here??

type "[" then "img" followed by "]" and then put the url in, then end the same tag above with a /img instead of img...removing the quotation marks of course..

Have a question... Are there any patches to put a proxy server on Win2000 professional without having to install Win proxy server or other applications? Or do I absolutely need Win2000 Server?

Jdulmage is banned frown too bad... but the show must go on laugh

We have a mission... to build the longest thread ever.

The force is strong with jdulmage.

I sense that he has not left us, but merely transformed into a new entity.

Or some BS like that..... :P

Amazing.

I didn't even know that this thread was alive!

So this is where INFERNO has gone since he stopped bugging us with his CUSL2 and case questions! smile

Just another post to another useless thread!

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

my CUSL2 is working, and my iPanel will be here in a couple weeks :P

My case is done.

Now I'm building a new computer system

FIC PA2013

AMD K6-2 450

INNO3d GeForce2 MX

all in a briefcase, if I can find one thick enough(mine isn't large enough for the PCI cards.

Did jdul really go? Dang, and after I found this...

INFERNO, I went to that site [VirtualHideout...] and it gave me some ideas about doing some case mods. My programmer and I are working on the ideas and will be setting up a website to handle sales.

And as an additional note, I have finally been able to track down [from a distributor] the Agilent Arctic Cooler HSF (that the ThermalTake Golden Orb is based on). Check it out at http://www.arcticooler.com. Anyone who might be interested in one of these?

[edit] Had to fix the URL link...

[This message has been edited by ByronT (edited 27 October 2000).]

Oooooh, I just found out that you have to "burn-in" the ArctiCooler HSF - or it won't cool properly. The way that Agilent describes it being done is by putting a pencil in the fan area, booting the computer into the BIOS and then waiting until the CPU temp reaches approx 65 degrees C, and then removing the pencil...

Cooooool.

INFERNO, a couple of companies build a PCI-extender type card that turns two PCI slots sideways (in a L shape.) AFAIK, they were made to allow generic motherboards to be used in 2U rackmount cases. Maybe you could find one of those instead.

[And HEY, I've added three posts to this superly long post already!] laugh

DOH! I can't count... make that four!

[This message has been edited by ByronT (edited 27 October 2000).]

HEY INFERNO, you've got that ThermalTake Golden Orb right? Well, ThermalTake um, er, Microsofted (Microsofted = to steal an idea without it being called "theft", like algoring = to tell a lie without it being called a "lie" laugh )the design from HP (what Agilent used to be...) And from all accounts, the Arcticooler is a better cooling HSF than the Golden Orb. (By a few degrees in all the reviews I've seen.)

Have you checked out that site yet?