Compatible Support Forums
astro49

ntfs.sys error

Windows XP was attacked my a virus, I got a green screen. Ran Spybot 3 times removed numerous files. It would no longer connect to internet so could not get updates. Opened in safe mode but could not scan from there. Re-booted system than it got worse. Message states "System32\Drivers\ntfs.sys" file missing or corrupted. Followed instructions using Windows XP disk pressing "R" to use recovery program. Renamed file .old and copied from Cd. Same result. Copied another ntfs.sys file from another XP machine, again same result. The file is there and it's from a clean machine. How to I get windows to reboot???? Help

Windows XP was attacked my a virus, I got a green screen. Ran Spybot 3 times removed numerous files. It would no longer connect to internet so could not get updates. Opened in safe mode but could not scan from there. Re-booted system than it got worse. Message states "System32Driversntfs.sys" file missing or corrupted. Followed instructions using Windows XP disk pressing "R" to use recovery program. Renamed file .old and copied from Cd. Same result. Copied another ntfs.sys file from another XP machine, again same result. The file is there and it's from a clean machine. How to I get windows to reboot???? Help

I think you should either use an anti virus software or you need to uninstall your OS and re-install again to get rid of this message.This message occurs when some of the files got missing or corrupted from your operating system.The other option is to recover your missing or deleted files i-e using a recommended recovery tool like Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery software which can easily recover your missing or corrupted files...