Compatible Support Forums
geno368

Trouble replacing display on Toshiba Satellite lap

A family member asked me to replace her Toshiba M35x-s349 laptop display for her. I hooked up an external monitor to check video drivers, etc..worked fine. After dismantling the unit I found that someone elso had been into it before and didn't replace all the screws. Also, the is a small black wire with a round connector on it that was not hooked to a screw..I have no idea where it goes. It is wrapped with the wire coming from the MB. It may be not used since it is pretty short, but just need to be sure.

Also, I ordered the display and also a backlight. I installed the lcd, but don't see where the small backlight goes. I powered it up and got a brief small display on the lower right hand corner of the screen...than nothing. The system booted but no video. I am curious if I should replace the inverter board? Can anyone assist me in troubleshooting this? Thanks.

I "googled" the model number of your laptop and got tons of information which should help you. For example, there is this link:

http://www.laptopka.com/category/toshiba-satellite-m35/

which helps with assembly of the case, etc.

There are many others which show up in the google search; just put your model number in google exactly as you typed it here and you will find plenty of help; I even saw the exact problem you are having in one of them! So, now, if you can just figure out how to sift the tons of information from google into a compact set of information you can actually USE...

Larry