Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
writingwoman

Mouse and keyboard problems after restore

I have a strange problem - I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but it has never happened to me and I am very good with computers. I thought for sure I could have solved this one myself, but it just does not make sense.

I recently reformatted my hard drive and re-installed windows xp. I have done this quite a bit so I know what I'm doing here.

The problem is this - yesterday I noticed how long it took to load up my programs that only took a couple of seconds the day before. I haven't downloaded anything recently nor have I opened any programs that would cause such a long opening.

So, I restored it to an earlier time. When the screen of restore came back stating that it had been restored, my mouse and my keyboard did not work. So, I unplugged them (USB BTW) and plugged them back in - then they worked. So, I un-restored it to test it out - it did the same thing!

Why on earth would it do that?

I would appreciate ANY help anyone can give me!

Thanks so much!

writingwoman

Have you tried going into Device Manager and uninstalling the devices (starting with the keyboard, so you can easily uninstall the mouse)? Afterwards, remove the devices and plug them back in. If you experience the same problem, try up[censored] your Enhanced USB driver (provided you are using USB 2.0).