Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
three

lycoris and usb optical mouse

just installed Lycoris Linux, seems like a nice distro, an XP ripoff I must admit but nice overall...can't seem to get my Logitech USB mouse recognized though, screen is also shifted to the right a tad

I don't know about the mouse, but the screen shifted right a tad because of your drivers. If you install the newest drivers (check my post here for more info) you should get nearly identical line up with an XP install on the same monitor with any given resolution/refresh rate.

well...i had thought i installed the latest drivers, but it seems i got the i386 glx instead of the i586, forgot about the kernel files too...so i grabbed that as well...installed both, restarted x and it messed up, had to go to console and reconfigure x, got it back up and edited the xfconfig file as stated in the readme, restarted x and only thing different is the Nvidia splash screen prior to starting x.

man, it's been forever since i messed with linux, but some of it is coming back..guess i'll fiddle around some more with it later, 1:36am here..going to bed. :x x)

oh well...too lazy to mess around with it...downloading Mandrake 9.0 right now