Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ren

Supermicro P6BDE or Asus CUV4X-DLS

Hello everyone,

I am looking to get a dual-cpu motherboard and 2xPIII 1Ghz.

Does anyone here have any experience of either of the 2 (subject) boards.

The hardware I would be inserting into 1 of these 2 motherboards, consists of an SBLive, and an Nvidia GEF 2 GTS.

So if anybody knows of any compatibility problems, please post below.

The asus and the supermicro caught my eye, but I am of course open, to suggestions from the people on this forum.

Thank you for your time.

Slot 1 or Socket 370 ships? The P6DBE only officially supports 100 FSB so you will be limited to using the Slot 1 1Ghz chips unless you are willing to try overclocking two 750's but there are no voltage tweaks on the board at all. I have that board so I can say with all honesty that it is rock stable with my GeForce2 MX and my SBLive OEM running 600e's @ 800 at default voltage. (I feel a little lucky at that since from what I have read most chips take a bit more voltage to go as high as mine do)

Ed

Sorry I took so long to replying.

I am currently expecting delivery of an Asus CUV4x-D, seeing as I do not need the scsi 160 or Lan, as i have a scsi and lan acrd already (£150 price difference too). 2x PIII 1 Ghz, 512MB PC133 Sdram. I am ordering these from www.scan.co.uk. The price of the ram is unbelievable £69 inc. I have also ordered a Game Theatre Xp from Dabs.

I shall let you know how I get on. Wish me luck 8-)

MAchine is up and running, and is running superbly. I am very impressed with the stability and installation. It seems that VIA have sorted out their problems, as I didn't 'have' to install the VIA driver to get everything working, although I did install the 'final' version of the 4in1's after I had finished.

The HErcules XP card sounds wonderful.

I will get some benchmarks to you as soon as.

Asus CUV4x-D

2xPIII 1Ghz 133

512Mb pc133 SdRam

Gef 2 GTS pro

Hercules Game Theatre XP

Yamaha 8424sz

Adaptec int scsi

Acer 50x CDRom

Panasonic 105s DVD

US Robotics 56k Fax/modem

NIC card

Iiyama pro450 19"

MS Intellimouse Explorer

Heh..I was running that at agp 2x with my 32MB DDR Gef 2 gts pro, so I sorted it to agp 4x in the bios and got this >

I forgot to mention which drivers I was using on the previous benchmarks (apologies for this). They were the 6.50's Official.

I recently tried the 10.40 and 10.80's and actually lost marks.

The fastest drivers I have found are the Det 758's

6550 - 3dMark 2000 Default benchmark

I forgot to mention which drivers I was using on the previous benchmarks (apologies for this). They were the 6.50's Official.