Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oXide

asus probe wacked, or my powersupply?

I have been getting crazy voltage spikes everywhere using my asus probe ever since I've gotton my system...at first I just disregarded it and even did a bit or research and found that others were getting the same symptoms. But now, my system hangs every once while when i had it overclocked, and it did once when it was clocked normally. It hangs in such a fasion where I cant do anyhthing, but the mp3 that is playing finishes...weird (thats when its cloked normally)

So i threw the on the probe again and everything is going crazy...is this the prob? I am running 250watts with hella stuff...Y-connectors everywhere in there. But is this really a prob?

Thanks

oXide{

i815

p3-700 (at 1ghz sometimes)

ultra160

};

Well, this might seem obvious but, do you have a surge protector. If you dont get an APC one.

If thats not it, its probably your power supply. You may not have enough juice going to your system.

On the Asus Probe, I just left the fan, cpu temp, mobo temp and core voltages checked. The others, especially the voltages other than the core voltage, are whacky.

Also, did you do a clean install with the mobo?

No i dont have a surge protector actually. I've never had one in my life and it has never proven to be vital...I did clean install this mobo as in put the mobo in, pluged in the peripherals, and installed the os....its clean in that sense.

you have a bad power supply if it is new.

you should have a 300w power supply anyway, but try another monitoring software first.