Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Freekstyle8000

Road & Track Presents: The Need For Speed

Hello everyone I am aware of how well this website can manage so I'm new but will probably return. I'm having an issue with installing this game (which I hear only takes up about half a gigabyte) When I go to dos or windows 95 install the error says Sorry, you need 748160k more to run install program. Please refer to the reference card on how to free more memory. Everytime I get the error the "k" is a different number around this number. I currently run on a Dell pentium 4 with 2 gb of memory and have 13gb free hardrive space. Video Card is 7600GS (nvidia) with 512mb video memory. Are we talking that I need a physical memory dump or something? I've tried to run it on dos but I get really confused when setting it up, but have already downloaded the installer. Thank you for anyone who tries to give me some tips on how to install this game.

Well, this helps but I still cannot install due to the same error (Yeah, like I dont have enough memory to run the installer for this game, give me a ****** break, lol)

You can try running "loadfix" before running the installer. (This eats up conventional memory).

or you can try specifying a smaller HD free size in DOSBox. (By default DOSBox shows around 600meg).

mount c c:\Games -freesize 100

I have no clue how to get the installer running through dosbox.. Is this possible? or am I running it the wrong way? I mounted my folder in C: for dos games (folder named DosGames) I put the NFS DOS file in the folder.. as well as the installer file for dos

whistle

The installer for the game through DOSbox I meant , still getting the message. I've tried freeing disk space but only suceeded 23000 or so k and I need more.. Could this be because I'm down to around 10 gb on a 79 gb system? I defragmented the disk drive but still nothing frown

i am not able 2 play need for speed 2 se in 1 gb ram while it was working fine in 256 mb ram ....pls help ??? pls send me the solution in my e-mail id i.e nowharryhere@gmail.com...i willl be highly thankful 2 u

Quote:
pls help ??? pls send me the solution in my e-mail id i.e nowharryhere@gmail.com...i willl be highly thankful 2 u

No.

Thread closed.