Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mike3411

Abit VP6 (VIA Apollo Pro 133A) IDE Issues

I just installed the latest beta (4.29) of VIA's 4-in-1 drivers, and am having some troubles with my IDE devices. In the device manager, under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, I have five listings:

Primary IDE Channel

Secondary IDE Channel

VIA BM Ultra DMA Channel

VIA BM Ultra DMA Channel

VIA Bus Master IDE Channel

The Primary and Seondary IDE Channels have littel !'s on them, and, in their details, say "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)". When I go to the resources tab, it says:

Input/Output Range 01F0 - 01F7 used by:

VIA BM Ultra DMA Channel

Input/Output Range 03F6 - 03F6 used by:

VIA BM Ultra DMA Channel

Interrupt Request 14 used by:

VIA BM Ultra DMA Channel

Do other people have this problem? I don't want RAID, I'd like DMA but at this point I'll settle for anything that works. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike C.

Uninstall the VIA drivers by using the VIA 4-IN-1 install program again and choosing UNINSTALL for the IDE.

VIA 4-in-1 busmaster drivers are NOT good for the VP6. I know I have a VP6. So Trust me! smile.gif

I ended up reformatting after some other issues, what drivers should I now install? The VIA AGP driver? The IRQ Routing Drivers? The INF Update? Thanks!

Mike C.

i hate to say it, but the closest i got to a VP6 was at a computer show/sale when i got to hold it and caress the socket's. Sweeet Board...man, i could have just ran out of the place with it....no one would have caught me.

oh, i haven't check up on it lately, but, are there any bios upgrades for the BP6....maybe so it'll support FCPGA 600+ Celemines?? I got it down in the basement left over from my dual processor eXPerience, (Celly 2*400@550, 384mb ram, geforce 256...etc). I wanted to know if the little guy has a future, he just sits in the basement collecting dust inside his static bag.