Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

GeForce3 all hype or really going to revolutionize gaming?

After reading some of the articles on the GF 3 it seems to be by all standards the jump in video architecture that win95 was to operating system architecture. So what do you the forum readers have to say?? God's Send or Just another piece of crap to get for $400

The features of the card are going to be a godsend to game graphics. The price, though, will cause many gamers (myself included) to hold out on getting one. The card won't probably become mainstream until the price comes down to 200-250. Not that we'll be missing out though, because as pointed out before, it will be a while before any games really take advantage of those features.

a product whose price is ahead of it's time tongue.gif

or something like that

I want an NV20.

but I don't want to pay more for my videocard than I did for my motherboard AND CPU.

my GTS is just fine right now

my 256 DDR is just fine too.

no need to take this jump yet...in my opinion.

I gawked at the price of the non-existant V5 6000: $500. Now weve got the GF3 thats gonna cost $600. Folks, you can buy a new pc for that price. IMO $300 is too expensive for one addon card. I know the vid card is important, but give me a break-$600 for one piece of silicon? No thank you.