Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Myke

SharePoint & Outlook Public Folder Calendars

I'm trying to find a way to synchronize a Public Folder calendar with SharePoint. While I know that you can simply connect a SharePoint calendar with Outlook, the Public Folder calendar has an email address associated with it so that certain users can invite it with a list of other people all at the same time, which works fine. Unforatunately, the user has to then go into SharePoint and manually enter it in, which is begining to agitate the natives.

Is there any way to either get the folders to sync or to assiciate the SharePoint calendar with the email address that works with the Public Folders calendar? All the searching I have done deals specifically with trying to sync the folders, which pretty much can't be done. I have not found anything dealing with the email address association issue.

Sorry if my wording is confusing. If clarification is needed, let me know and I'll try to do a better job. As always, thanks in advance.

Okay, well I don't get why a third of my posts I find a hint towards a solution immediately after I post it.

Found this little article minutes later: http://littletalk.wordpress.com/2008/04/...ist-or-library/

You need to enable incoming email from the central administration site. Still having problems getting the email address to work, but at least it's a start. I'll put up my final solution once I figure it out.