Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
areid

CD packet-writing with W2K

I am trying to find some decent packet-writing software for my CD-RW (Plextor W1210) running under Windows 2000, but I'm having the following problems...

1. Bundled with the read/writer was WinONCD 3.7, which is W2K compatible, but the associated packet-writing software (Packet-CD) is not. No upgrade available on website.

2. Nero 5.0 is W2K compatible, but the bundled packet-writing software (InCd) is not. There will be a free upgrade when it is released (Jan 2001 according to the website), but there is no sign of it yet.

3. Adaptec's Easy CD Creator contains DirectCD, which appears to be the most popular solution, but I can't find a supplier here in the UK which has any copies in stock at the moment.

Is there any other software worth trying (perhaps shareware)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan Harris-Reid

the best is to find a copy of directCD someplace. DirectCD 5 is the best packet writing software ive seen for 2k but that isnt on the market yet...so your best bet is to look around for one.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ThC 129:
the best is to find a copy of directCD someplace. DirectCD 5 is the best packet writing software ive seen for 2k but that isnt on the market yet...so your best bet is to look around for one. </font>

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep looking.

Alan

If only nVidia would offer that kind of support for my Voodoo5... :-)

>DirectCD's good stuff... I like the fact you can work with Cd-R & CDRW just like it's a harddisk! Drag & Drop files to it from your harddrives, delete them (not true delete on CDR though, only blows that track out), etc. the whole 9 yards!<

Sounds just what I need, now all I need is to find a supplier that has it in stock, or join some long waiting lists.

Regards,

Alan

>Adaptec/Roxio is still offering upport...in german...(HA-HA)

They have supplied DirectCD v3.01E (works perfect with Windows 2000) for us Windows 2000 users with WinOnCD 3.7 (it checks for WinOnCD)<

I'll check it out - many thanks.

Alan

HN just saved Alan Harris-Reid from spending money on a program he already owns, clap-clap-clap :-)

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HN:
HN just saved Alan Harris-Reid from spending money on a program he already owns, clap-clap-clap :-)</font>

I might own WinCD 3.7, but until you pointed out that DirectCD for W2K replaced PacketCD as a download from the Adaptec site, I'd never have known.

Many thanks,
Alan