Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
digimart

Email Data, MSN Messenger and CD buring

Hi,

I hv today installed Red Hat Linux 9.0 for the very first time on my PC ( its part of a LAN having 4 other PCs, all running under Win XP and Win 2K.

I need advice about the following things, to make my system usable by myself:

a. How can I transfer all my existing emails and address book from Microsoft Outlook to the Email client in Linux Evolution.

b. How can I use my existing MSN Messenger account, also get all my existing MSN Messenger contacts into this Linux based MSN Messenger.

c. I have been using NERO to burn my CD on my CDRW. What software do I need to burn CDs under RedHat Linux 9.0 ?

Thanks & Regards.

I cant awnser your first question but I believe there is a thread that covers it.

as far as your MSN buddies go they will automatically appear as soon as u login to msn regardless of what IM program u use. The data is stored on the MSN server. You can logon any computer in the world and still see your buddy list. I recomend Gaim but u can also use amsn or kmerlin.

As far as burning cd's goes X cd Roast is the most similar to Nero but there are lots more, most of which are front ends of cdrecord. I use Gcombust cos it is a no bs frontend.