Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DANNYGURL4818

hi everyone

i'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone can help me out? i've had the sims 2 double deluxe for about a year, it worked when i first got it than my computer got a virus so we had to reboot it. i lost all my pics,videos and music, so i decided to try and play my sims 2 game about a week ago, i installed it and than a little window pops up saying i need directx 9.0c, well i downloaded directx 9.0c but that little window keeps popping up,and i checked my directx diagnostic tool under device and all it says is this..

manufacturer: n/a

chip type: n/a

DAC type: n/a

approx.total memory: n/a

current display mode: 1280 x 1024(32 bit) (1Hz)

and under divers it says..

main driver: vga.dll

version: 5.01.2600.0000 (english)

WHQL logo'd: yes

mini VDD: vga.sys

VDD:n/a

DDI version: unknown

and under notes it says..

the system is using the generic video. please install video provided by the hardware manufacturer.

direct 3D functionality not available. you should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer..

someone please please please help me i'm at a breaking point.. i would take it in and have it fixed but of course i dont have that kinda money so please please i'm begging anyone to help me.

sincerely Danielle the sims geek.

If you could please provide detailed system specs like is this an OEM machine from Dell, HP, Gateway and which model or if it's a custom build machine.

If it's a custom built machine, do you have any details on the make/model of the motherboard, graphics card if any, sound card if any, etc...

It sounds like you may have to clean up the infection and/or do a clean reinstall or use the OEM System Restore CD/DVD.