Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oXide

Why is my system so dope??

I dont get it. Whats up with my system? Its so damn dope. Rock Solid, my friends computers look up to it, heck, even my other copmuters look up to it....let me throw it down for you like this...but be forwarned; dont druel on your keyboard...

We can start out with the foundation:

-Asus CUSL2 Motherboard. (that means i815 supporting)

-P3-700..rather weak but clocked to 1Ghz..rock solid (cooled with Hedgehog Pure Copper)

-512 Megs of 133Mhz RAM (thats Micron)

Daughter cards:

-Voodoo5 (sure its not as fast as a gf2, but F* nvidia)

-Adaptec 29160N Ultra160 controller (thats dual channel)

-Abit ATA/100 RAID controller (for my storage needs)

-Intel LAN card (to share my power with the world)

-SBLive! Mp3 (they are all the same anyway)

and damn...i wont even mention my 15000rpm harddrive. The rest of it you guys cant handle...ata/100 RAID array for storage??

I'll just leave it at that...And the best part is, I paid for like not even half of this **** ..those of you who live In the bayarea can second that (at least if you know people).

*cough 21" monitor *cough*cough

-oXide

BOW TO ME

*YAWN*

big deal

check out Ronin's machines.

As of several months ago:

Ronin's Windows 2000 System:

Dual Intel 850's

Tyan Thunder 2400 MB

Onboard Intel 82559 NIC

512 Megs Ram

Adaptec 39160 Ultra 160

1 - 18 Gig Cheetah - U160

2 - 18 Gig Cheetah U2W

1 - Maxtor 60 Gig (IDE)

SB Live Platinum

Plextor 12/4/32 - Burner

Plextor 40x UW CD-Rom

10x Sony DVD Drive

Hercules Geforce 2 64meg

Dual V2 Cards, for D2

Viewsonic PF815 22" Monitor

Ronin's Win ME System:

PIII 733

Asus P3C4X MB

256 Megs PC133 Mem

Adaptec U2W Scsi Card

1 - 9 Gig Cheetah 10K

48x IDE CD-Rom

CL Geforce DDR

ESS 1371 Sound Card

Makes what you have look like a TOY.

Don't come here bragging about what you have...you're just one of the several with good machines.

Hell. I'll throw mine in just for fun

NECESSARY EVIL

--Reaper Computer Systems Custom Built #4--

<Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2beta, IE5.5 SP1, DX8a>

Intel Pentium!!! Coppermine(FCPGA 370) 800eb @ 954 with an Alpha PEP66T & Delta Black Label fan

Asus CUSL2 motherboard(no onboard sound)Rev 1.02; BIOS rev 1005.001 (Beta)

256MB PC133 SDRAM (1x256 Mushkin Rev2 CAS 2:2:2 5t/7t STRONG @ 159mhz)

SuperMicro 760A Full Tower(Modded for more fans and painted Rustoleum Hammered Black)

SP301-RA 300W Athlon Approved Redundant Cooling Power Supply

IBM 75GXP 15GB UDMA/100 7200RPM hdd & 45GB MAXTOR Diamand Max UDMA/100 7200 RPM hdd

Promise Ultra 100 Controller

9 80mm,3 92mm, 2 120mm High Output fans, 1 60mm, 4 40mm fans spewing out well over 1100 CFM

Creative Labs SB Live! X-Gamer running on Liveware 3

Creative Labs Graphics Blaster Annhilator Pro GeForce256 DDR on Detonator 6.66

Logitech Itouch Pro Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard

RAZER Boomslang 2000 & Everglide (Razer Giganta)

Logitech Soundman G1 Powered Speakers & AIWA HPX222 Headphones

Trendware TE100S4PCI 10/100 4 port Switch/Ethernet Adapter

Compaq V720 17" (1280x1024) Monitor

Hewlett Packard 660Cse Printer

Iomega 8x4x32 CD-RW & Pioneer 6x DVD/ 32x CD-ROM

BetaLANBOX-1

--Reaper Computer Systems Custom Built #5--

<Windows 98SE and Whistler Personal Beta1>

AMD K6-2 450 @ 500(with an original Thermaltake Golden Orb)

GigaByte GA-5AX Rev 5.2 motherboard on F3 BIOS

160MB PC100 SDRAM

Aluminum briefcase-style LAN case

Deer 300W Athlon Approved Power Supply

MAXTOR 30GB Diamond MAX UDMA/66 7200 RPM drive

ATI All-In-Wonder 128 videocard

Diamond S70 soundcard(ESS MaestroII)

Compaq JBL speakers

D-Link 4 port USB hub

Microsoft Sidewinder Dual Strike Game Pad

Lucent Winmodem

D-Link DFE-530TX+ 10/100 Ethernet Adapter

Packard Bell 14" (800x640) Monitor

Memorex 4x2x24 CD-RW

Cupcake

--Recyceled System--

<Mandrake 7.2 Workstation>

Pentium 133

Elpina/PCChips M559 motherboard

Western Digital 4GB UDMA33 5400 RPM

Quantum Fireball .6GB PLO4 5400 RPM

24MB EDO RAM

Full AT Tower

unknown AT Power Supply

ATI RAGE IIC Xpression+ PC2TV

Dlink 530TX+ 10/100 Ethernet Adapter

Acer 8x CD-ROM

Same monitor as above(shared)

Allied Telesyn FH716 16 port dual speed hub

Netgear RT314 4 port Switch/Gateway Router/Firewall

My main system, NECESSARY EVIL, will easily match your system. I have no need for SCSI or RAID--I use under 6GB of my 60GB in this machine.

My system has beaten, in repeated benchmarks, a 1.1ghz Tbird running the same RAM, and a V5.

I'm proud of this box...

but I don't disillusion myself into the granduer that you're trying.

Here's a nickel. Get yourself a better computer.

Drool? Try falling asleep.

------------------

My PC is warm. I think our fire wall is acting up.

[This message has been edited by INFERNO2000 (edited 27 January 2001).]

Who gives a flying F?? If you paid for all that sh*t then you're just an idiot...what do you do on it...play mp3s?? I paid like $400 for all this stuff and the equipment just keeps rolling in...dont even get me started on this RAMBUS based, p4 system I am buiding...

Besides...Nessesary Evil cant hang with my Stargate. IDE??? Puleeze. Maybe back in 386 days when I was a kid. 256 megs? I have a 256 module I use as a paperwight. You posting your system setup only helps my argument....

BOW TO ME

ps...i dont need to mention BS like my printer. You guys wouldnt want me to even start with the rest.

oXide

[This message has been edited by oXide (edited 27 January 2001).]

Man, who cares. In a year, your super computer will be not be super anymore. By then P5 will be out. Inferno, how many computers have you built since that AMD Ahtlon 750? Since my AMD sys, the computer I am using now is the second one. AMD's prices are very good but since that experience last time, I am staying with Intel.

Well...my system is a piece of crap compare to you guys but here it is:

Abit SA6R (Intel 815E)

PIII-933

392 mb of PC-133 (Micron)

IBM 30 Gig & 45 Gig running RAID 0 (57.2 gig after RAID setup)

Creative Annihilator 2 (Geforce 2)

SoundBlaster Live! X-Gamer

3Com 10/100 Ethernet card

Sony 17" Monitor

[This message has been edited by whoisurdaddy (edited 27 January 2001).]

LOL -

"HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS" But it should read "HE WHO DIES WITH THE BEST COMPUTER WINS"

I don't need the systems I have. I just have the money to spend on it. There is nothing like going to a LAN party or having friends over and have then say WOW!!! that is the **** ...If you spent 400 on a box and it works for ya then fine, but me I can't have that.

The problem is that I'm around fast computers all day so I see what they can do and that is why I have a server class machine at home. Spend some time around the latest stuff and you will spend the money to.

Here are my current specs, and as soon as Intel get's off there *** and releases a mb with dual P4 support I will have one, oh I'm sorry 2...hehe

------------------

My W2k & Whistler System:

Dual Intel 850's

Tyan Thunder 2400 MB

Onboard Intel 82559 NIC

512 Megs Ram

Adaptec 39160 Ultra 160

2 - 18 Gig Cheetah - U160

1 - 18 Gig Cheetah U2W

1 - Maxtor 60 Gig (IDE)

SB Live Platinum 5.1

Plextor 12/4/32 - Burner

Plextor 40x UW CD-Rom

10x Sony DVD Drive

Elsa Gladiac Ultra 64 Meg

Dual V2 Cards, for D2

Viewsonic PF815 22" Monitor

My Linux System:

PIII 733

Asus P3C4X MB

256 Megs PC133 Mem

Adaptec U2W Scsi Card

1 - 9 Gig Cheetah 10K

48x IDE CD-Rom

CL Geforce DDR

ESS 1371 Sound Card

I think most members of this discussion board will agree with me on this observation:

oXide, your a loser.

Dual P4's should be out the end of this year. Hopefully 2ghz+. Man if they have 'em out end of this year I will definetly pick one up. My Dual P3700E@933 is starting to look a little slow. frown

Hehe, don't get us started on the P4 system he's building.

That would be the current P4 which is going to be replaced by the far better one in March and the motherboards aren't going to be compatible etc.

Well, I suppose if you've got plenty of cash to build a system that wont be upgradeable after March then go for it.

Since the AMD system back in July, I've built 6 new ones...but only 2 for myself. Including those I've rebuilt and upgraded and stuff like that, then 12(excluding the 6 I've built).

UDMA/100 vs. SCSI Ultra160...who cares. Why would I be foolish enough to spend hundreds of extra unnecessary dollars for an improvement that will result in a few extra seconds on bootup?

I had my chance to go SCSI, and I passed on it.

RAID, give me a half an hour and a soldering iron and my Promise card will be a RAID card.

MP3? no those are on CD.

Do a few games, and other stuff. I just like being excessive.

I had 512MB in it...but I never used enough to warrant the need for anything more than 256.

So I sold the rest, and bought betaLANBOX-1

RAMBUS? Fewl. That just PROVES you're a moron.

Not you, Ronin--you're damned respectable.

And I have no need to bow to you. FEWL.

As for the next upgrade, I'm holding out for either the 760mp or the Hammer Series.

So, oxide...show your system off. But don't be an @$$ about it...there are many here with systems that exceed yours. Think of those here with 1.2ghz AMDs that have overclocked them. Damn. there's 200 mhz right there.

I don't show my system off to brag and wish others would bow to me. Being told "good system" or something like that is enough for me.

Many of us here know what is going on in the hardware scene, so you're not impressing us. Maybe talking like that on some yahoo board or something where the collective intellect is down several IQ points would work...but not here.

You do that, and you will be shown the same level respect of DavidNewBould, and many others.

------------------

Well there is always some-one out there who just bought the latest and the greatest, and now the latest and greatest is more compatible and realiable , so the systems we build reflect that!!! If you gloat now, remember tomorrow you are already window shopping!!!

Ned

My latest add-on was a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee to take me to various computer stores. Plus it's 100% compatible with all my computers...

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch

LOL clutch.

F all your systems mine is the best.

Quadruple 386 60mHZ processors.

4 500kb non-edo SIMMS

Windows bah DOS 3.0 here baby!!

Not to mention my killer array of (dont drool) 2 (yes thats 2) 300mb HDs

and last of all my 13" 30hz refresh 11.5" viewable monitor with max resolution of 512x480

oh my god i forgot my AWESOME vid card a cirrus logic 1mb 800x600 max (yeah i know i cant get the max res on my cool monitor but if i wait a couple years they might have some better ones out)

So my system is better than all of yours hell i can even play Wolfenstien on mine.

Oh and oXide why dont you shut the hell up I dont give a sh*t how much mommy and daddy pay for your system or how much your stolen parts cost or whatever the hell your system is because you can spend your money on a computer i will save my money for a trip to europe to go raving and see some of the worlds best DJs live or i will save my money and spend it on something that will last me more than 6 months. Either way bragging is for losers, people don't post system specks to see who has the best box they do it so people can see why one thing might work on someone's system or not.

I'm always windows shopping. I just picked up 2 more Maxtor 60gig drives and an IDE raid 5 controller card. Now I will have a Raid 5 volume to store all 30gig of mps files I have, and won't have to worry about losing anything. I just hope I don't lose 2 drives at once or I'm f*ucked. Maybe I'll pick a forth one up soon.

But I think oxide wanted to start some s*hit that's why he made such a stupid comment about his system. Think we may have JDmuldges twin..

hehe

How many MP3s do you have Ronin? 15GB or so here.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

my system, as of today. (Not much, but i call it my baby.):

-------------

Intel Celeron II FCPGA 667@1133MHz (105f full load)

Abit VH6 Socket 370 FCPGA Mobo.

Aplha PEP66 38cfm Fan/Heatsink

640MB PC133 SDRAM (2x256, 1x128)

Seagate Cheetah 36GB 10000rpm Hard Drive (ultra160 scsi)

Guillemot 3D Prophet II Ultra GTS (det6.62)

Sigma Designs Realmagic Hollywood Plus DVD Decoder

Adaptec 19160 Ultra160 scsi controller

Antec KS188 Full Tower w/ Dual 300w power supplies and 2 extra fans modded in.

Pioneer DVD-115 16x DVD ROM IDE

Plextor 12x/8x/32x CDRW IDE

Soundblaster Live! Value

USR Courier ext Modem 56k v90

RealTek 8029(as) 10BaseT NIC PCI

Mitsumi Floppy Drive.

Windows 2000 Pro (5.00.2195.1;SP1)

I have 27gig of MP3's

I ripped the majority of them from my ex-girl friends cd collection. Two weeks before she moved out I had every cd she had on my desk, around 400 and I was a ripping fool, the rest I got from LAN parties or off napster. So you can see why having a raid volume will help in not losing them.

nice smile

GeForce Ultra? 8)

damn I hate you smile

oh well...I'm holding out for the NV30 or whatever will be out around this Christmas. As long as I'm pulling over 60FPS, my monitor is the limiting factor, not the card.

Anyone know of a flat screen(not flat panel) monitor that does 1280x1024 or 1600x1200 at ABOVE 60hz?

[This message has been edited by INFERNO2000 (edited 28 January 2001).]

well...

i have the following:

AMD K6-2 450Mhz @ 450Mhz

ASUS P5A-B mobo 100Mhz bus (Ali Chipset)

nVIdia riva TNT2 M64

128Mib PC100 RAM

Ensoniq PCI Audio

IBM Maxtor 4Gig HD

Microsoft Sidewinder Game Voice

Intellimouse Explorer

48X CyberDrive CDROM

Motorola SurfBoard 1300 Cable Modem

This may seem like, and indeed is, a pretty **** rig, but i discovered that oh, hmm, wait a minute, YOU DONT NEED A 4Ghz CPU TO PLAY GAMES FAST.

If you Lamers who cant tune a system feel the need to spend £20000 on a Ninja Spec PC then go ahead.

With my moderate spec i manage to get 40-60 fps in TFC, and 30-55 fps in CS.

i know of people with Athlon 800's + GeForceMX's that dont get that.

And before you say "oh my games look sooooo good", well my gaming res is 1024x768, with no programs to lower visual quality.

and btw 0xide, why do you feel the need to brag about ure PC? Just be happy with it and let others be happy with theirs.

Out.

-David Newbould

HAHA! I can tell already that you're a puss becuase you play CS...CS is a game for pussies. I've talked to CS players and they say they dont like Quake "because you cant kide behind boxes" ...HAHAHA!! That translates into "because you cant camp." Thats all CS is. More ppl play CS than quake because quake takes a drop of skill. Anyone can be good at CS. puss. Go upgrade your system or something. I am prob pushing more mhz out of my palm pilot (wish i also got for free)

-oXide, *****

oXide, you need to shut your mouth and know your role. First you want everyone here to bow to you because you got a nice system. Now you are picking on them because the type of games they play? I play both Quake3 and CS. They are both good and they are also different games. Quake3 is run and shoot and CS is focused on Team play. And you are wrong about CS. First, CS is not a game for pussies. Just because you've seen a few CS players camping it doesn't mean ALL CS players are pussies. Second, CS requires more skill than Quake3. You get rewarded for your shooting accuracy. Either kill or be killed. You don't have to empty 2 or 3 clips to kill person like in Quake3. In Quake3, you could jump and shoot and still get the same accuracy. Not the same in CS.

I play CS, Q3, and UT.

I prefer CS simply because it's not a melee game.

I have to value my life and use a bit of strategy before I run out and start firing.

UT and Q3 are fun and I've wasted several hours playing and excelling at them.

But a redeemer shot from behind, or a railshot from across the map just doesn't compare, to me at least, to what CS has to offer.

Quake3, in the final map(CTF version), I've railed a guy about to score a few times to the sound of the announcer saying "Holy Cow".

It was nice, and no one believed me(about the "Holy Cow") till I did it again with witnesses.

In CS(militia), though, I've AWPed a couple guys, dropped the gun, went to the DE and blasted the other guy that was smart enough to stay out of my crosshairs, stole his MP5, and picked off the 2 stragglers that didn't take the sewer in a matter of 30 seconds or so.

Which was more gratifying to me?

I'll give you a hint--it didn't have ramps or rocketlaunchers.

------------------

Well, I have a 386 with no power supply, so you can all take your Tonka toys and bow down to my Ferrari of a 386.

Even without a power supply it loads faster than it takes oXide to unzip his fly and start smoking the bacon.