Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Preatorian

Philips Acoustic Edge under win2k?

Anyone have experience with using the Philips Acoustic Edge successfully under win2k with a VIA KT133 chipset?

I have to upgrade my sound card because my old vortex2 doesn't work at all with my new KT133 board and was thinking of the acoustic edge since all the reviews of it are so good.

So I was just wondering if anyone had in problems in getting win2k to work or if the win2k drivers are missing some of the functions.

Also, anyone know of a cheap place to get it? Lowest I've seen online is $76+$10 shipping which seems pretty expensive to me.

Any comments welcome, thanks in advance.

I saw it for that same price--75 bucks--at a local Circuit City, so you're not doing to bad with that.

the 5.1 DD was just 85...so it comes out to be about the same,

I've heard a lot of people saying the Acoustic Edge works even worse than the Sound Blaster Live! under Win2K. Apparently Win2K drivers just aren't a priority for Philips. But since this is just what I've heard, you should ask around 3D Sound Surge (www.3dss.com) to confirm this.

You might also want to consider the Santa Cruz, which I have and works beautifully under Win2K.

yeah i canned creative's poo!ware drivers and went back to default drivers. How is the santa cruz in 2k?? And how does it compare to the live! ?

I swaped my SBlive for the Philips AE and if you read ANY of the the reviews $75 is cheap. Just buy the Santa Cruz and then buy the Philips and it will blow the otheres away. The 3d sound in games and then the DVD is wow. LOL to say the Philips drivers work worse if funny I have the SBlive 51 and the Philips works just wonderful not one problem in Win2k or whistler. I am sorry but, whats this, I heard this or I heard that crap try it your self....

hey yearout is right man, ive also got the acoustic edge and there is not one problem here. the only thing im missing in win2k compared to win98 is 3d expansion sound for dvds with 2 speakers. but if you are running this card with 2 speakers anyway you are nuts. the card rocks....get it