Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
whoisurdaddy

weird Win2k Shutdown "problem"

Ok, yesterday I setup my computer with RAID setup using IBM 30 Gig and 45 gig HDs and I reinstalled my Win2k. So everything is fresh. Here is the "problem": whenever I shutdown my computer, I get this Win2k message box saying "It is now safe to shut down your computer" instead of actually shutting down my computer. I can't press my power button to turn off my computer. I have to turn off my computer from UPS that the computer is connected to. Before the RAID setup, I was using Ultra ATA/100 controller on the motherboard (although my motherboard also got 2 RAID channels). So is this shut down "problem" normal or what? I am pretty sure that RAID has something to do with this thing. Here is my system spec if you wanna know:

Win2k Professional

PIII-933

Abit SA6R (2 Intel Ultra ATA-100 channels + 2 HighPoint Ultra ATA-100/RAID channels)

392mb RAM

Creative Annihilator 2

SB Live

[This message has been edited by whoisurdaddy (edited 28 January 2001).]

Check your BIOS settings. You might have set something that could've stopped you from a normal shutdown. If you can't find the exact problem, try setting BIOS to the defaults, and then go from there. Also check with Abit and see if they know anything.

Strange....I reinstalled Win2k now that stupid problem is gone. Wasted like 4 hours reinstalling Win2k and all my games and applications. I guess it is worth it. That shut down problem was bugging me. Oh well...it is gone now and I am happy.