Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EM

How do I increase my boot up delay time? [nt]

Do you mean increase the amount of time you have to make a choice on a dual boot system? If that is the case it set in the startup and recovery section of the advanced tab under the system icon in the control panel for Windows 2k. Not being an NT 4.0 person, I am not sure where it is if that is the OS you are using. Sometimes a little info is great even if it makes your post longer than a single sentance.

Ed

------------------

Supermicro P6DBE Dual PIII 600 @800 Voodoo5 5500 ,Promise Fasttrak66 IDE Raid, SBLive

That's not what i mean, u can read my post about booting twice (it's on the second page written by nam ng)

I would try letting the BIOS test all the RAM which will normally allow enough time for hard drives to spin up. My BIOS also has the options to try booting from CD, Floppy, SCSI etc and I would imagine that putting my C: drive as the last option to boot from would also increase the boot up time.

Ed

then tell us what you do mean.... you're being pretty vague...

[This message has been edited by CUViper (edited 11 January 2001).]

It's in your bios. If your bios does not have this feature you may need to flash your bios. If you don't want to or can't flash your bios to add this feature then what you got is what you got.