Photo

How to make ximian/evolution default email client?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ron_Jeremy

Ron_Jeremy

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 11:50 AM

I have been using (& quite like) the gnome/ximian evolution email client in RH9. Problem is, when I click on a email address link on a webpage for instance, the mozilla/netscape mail client wizard keeps popping up asking me to setup my email. I don't want to setup email for netscape/mozilla & want to use ximian exclusively. I'd like it to automatically fire up when I click on an address linky.

I have gone through the menus/options looking for a "set to default" type action, but have yet to find success.

Suggestions?

#2 chrispope

chrispope

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 10:25 PM

Why not uninstall the unnecessary email program that you don't like.

#3 Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan

Pooh-Bah

• Moderators
  • 1703 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 10:47 PM

I presume you are using Netscape/Mozilla? You can configure Galeon to use Evolution, besides Galeon is much faster.

#4 dfmiller

dfmiller

stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:19 PM

I was also looking to set Evolution as the default email client - couldn't find a setting anywhere and then tried removing other email clients but this didn't work. I am using Mandrake linux 10.0 official.

I solved my problem using Opera (www.opera.com) where you can specify the email client:
tools >> preferences >> advanced tab >> programs >> e-mail application

I entered: /usr/bin/evolution %w

The net result is when I click on an email address in a web page (I use vTiger CRM software to hold customer contact details - www.vtiger.com) then the Evolution new email page is automatically invoked with the "to:" address already populated.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq