Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nowimnothing

Acer CRW1032A in Windows 2000

I bought the above-mentioned drive really really cheap and i hope my problems aren't a signal as to why it was so cheap.

The drive came wiht Adaptec EZCDC 4.02 (i think thats the right version number.. the one that works for win2k) so i figured it'd be all fine, right? Well i checked adaptec's site (or whatever the new company is called that does their cdrw software) and its not listed as a compatible drive. Then i checked Nero's site (cuz i prefer Nero anyway) and its not listed there either. Its not listed on CDRWin's site either.

But i decided to continue trying anyway.

I got the software installed, and got the ASPI layer stuff in there the same as i had with my old drive. Nero and Adaptec both recognize the drive as a CD-Writer, so i figured that was good enough. But no.

DirectCD won't format CDRW discs. Nero gets Disc Write errors when i try to burn anything. EZCDC gets through enough to coaster-ize my disc and then fails everytime on CDRs. I _can_ however put in a CDRW disc and use it like a regular CDR in EZCDC and it works fine as far as i could tell.

Any ideas? Anyone got this drive and had it work fine? Anything would be appreciated, thanks.

i have an Acer CRW8432IA and i have the same software as you. so far i have created 2 CDs one data the other a audio and haven't encounted any problems yet on win2k. haven't actually tried using my rewrite compatibilities but i think it would work.

but the problem i have is that win98 recognises the drive but it crashes when i try opening 'my computer' or windows explorer as i was dual booting win98 and win2k.