Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
VENUGOPAL

Error explore.exe invalid page fault.

friends

my system giving error message

"exporer.exe invalid page fault" very frequently.

pl do help how to solve this problem.

thanx

regards

venugopal.s

[This message has been edited by VENUGOPAL (edited 23 November 2000).]

Well there could be a number of reasons as to why this is happening:-

1. You may have some software installed that is conflicting with the other software on your system - try a reinstallation of Windows, see if it solves the problem (a pain I know, but the only sure way to find out), if on a basic installation the system behaves ok, start installing your programs one by one until the computer starts to fail - then remove the last program you installed or check for an update - this will be the culprit.

2. You may have a hardware failure - faulty memory would produce a fault of this kind. If you have two sticks of Ram try taking them out in turn, if the problem goes away then you know one of the Dimm's is faulty (of course there is a very unlikely possibility that both are). If you only have one Dimm installed then try borrowing some memory from a friend etc. repeat above procedure.

3. Are you overclocking anything? Components overheating are also likely to yield this type of problem.

4. Could be a faulty expansion card - try removing all but the video card - does Windows still fail? If not then replace them one by one until something goes wrong.

5. Less likely - but could be a faulty CDROM drive etc. Try disconnecting these - does the problem go away?

6. Check your memory timings etc. in the BIOS. Try and find out the CAS settings etc for your memory type - are these set too aggressivly - if ram is made to run too fast it starts corrupting data. If you can find out the manufacturer of your ram (printed on the little chips or on the circuit board) - you might be able to find the speed etcl. by doing a serial number check on the manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Damien (please excuse any typos - late night !!!)

[This message has been edited by Damien (edited 25 November 2000).]

Thanks friend

i will look into all possiblities u mentioned and i will get back to u again.

Thanks

Regards

venugopal.s

Hey Ven, on that error "explorer caused and invalid page in fault" is there a details button there? And if so what did explorer cuase an error in?

Example:

Explorer caused and invalid page fault in explorer.exe

or

Explorer caused and invalid page fault in (a bunch of registers) 120398123098123098123098123098123098123098

In module explorer.exe

If this is the case then its time to reinstall. I was a L2 tech for Dell Fortune 500 company Support and there is no way that we could fnid to fix the issue.

Good luck my friend!

------------------

Frank

A+, MCP Windows 98 and NT Certified

Quote:
Originally posted by VENUGOPAL:
friends
my system giving error message
"exporer.exe invalid page fault" very frequently.
pl do help how to solve this problem.
thanx
regards
venugopal.s

I got your fix right here; run windows 2000 SP1 w/ compatibility updates (www.windowsupdate.com) & all security patches patched (www.ntcompatible.com or www.filees.com)

That will fix it; BTW: do a FULL clean install of win2k