Compatible Support Forums
moin_rocker

Not able to play games at higher graphics options

Hi guys,

I bought this new computer to play games and work on virtual machines unfortunately the games are not working properly. This is pissing me off and making me sad as well....

When I increase the resolution say above 1024*768 (approx), shadows and graphical details of the game, the performance degraded and the game runs very slowly.

My sys configuration:

Processor: Inter core2Quad Q8400

RAM: 4GB

Motherboard: ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS

SATA HDD: 320 GB

Graphics Card: GEforce 7300se

Any ideas??? Please help ??

Thanks

Moin

Well for one, I wouldn't have purchased a new computer with only a 7300SE GPU installed, it really doesn't have the power you need for higher resolution gaming with advanced effects like shadowing enabled.

This GPU is three generations old already and really has limitations on it's graphical power, especially when enabling game shadows and effects.

A very good previous generation card is the 9800GTX+, but you will want a good quality PS Unit of something like 500 watts or better with at least a single PCIe power connector.

The CPU should be more then enough and the only part that was mismatched on this platform seems to be the graphics card.

Thanks a lot man. You made my day. I would have never knew about it until you say it to me.

Thanks again, Awesome......

Originally Posted By: jmmijo
Well for one, I wouldn't have purchased a new computer with only a 7300SE GPU installed, it really doesn't have the power you need for higher resolution gaming with advanced effects like shadowing enabled.

This GPU is three generations old already and really has limitations on it's graphical power, especially when enabling game shadows and effects.

A very good previous generation card is the 9800GTX+, but you will want a good quality PS Unit of something like 500 watts or better with at least a single PCIe power connector.

The CPU should be more then enough and the only part that was mismatched on this platform seems to be the graphics card.

You're welcome, another good card to look at is the ATi Radeon HD4770, this is a current generation GPU and can be had at a decent price of aroung $120 or so.