Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SnowHawk

Voodoo3 v1.02.00 drivers and Win2k = Horrible video performa

I installed the 1.02 drivers and the sound started chopping in games and on movies that I have downloaded..

WTF and the 3dfxgamers site is so slow

I'm going back to beta drivers ASAP..

The video chops After and before I installed DX8

Stupid 3dfx is screwing their voodoo3 drivers up

Download the certified Voodoo 4/5 drivers for DX8. Run the setup, it will ***** about no INF, but let it go. Reboot and manually change the driver in Device Manager to 3dfx Voodoo Series. Reboot, install Directx8 and you are flying. Works AMAZINGLY.

So you're saying that the voodoo4/5 drivers will work for v3 series in win2k?

Actuely it does,I had nothing better to do so I tryied what he said and it woked(V3 2000AGP).It's quite a bit faster in QIII and Carmageddon TDR2000.

i just installed the voodoo4/5 drivers like the second post said. but how do i verify that the new driver was installed?

syed ahmad

Device Manager > Display adapters > 3dfx interactive,Inc. Voodoo series driver > Driver(tab)>Driver details...

Compare the installed driver(for ogl,glie2x,...)versions with the ones from the readme.txt list,they are the

same.

[This message has been edited by bottleneck (edited 13 November 2000).]

I have a VooDoo 3 3000 and I installed the drivers and it seemed to have made my games more choppy. I am shure I am doing it right but it was worth a try. either get more preformace or I dont..

i use v1.02 voodoo3.inf with dll/sys/ files of voodoo4 v1.04.00-DX8 new drivers and go more fast.

Also the same in WinME works.

hehe. I installed DX8(finnal) and new V3 1.02. in my w2k and now i can only run VGA modes .... Nothing helps. If i tried to install old drvs it's still da same and if i tried old M$ drivers boot failed absolutly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the antialiase options doesn't do anything for the v3 right? Because the v3 doesn't support antialiase. Or is it a DirectX function?

is this "fix" a win2k only fix or do you think that ppl win98se should try this also? i'm considering to install win98se, that's why i'm asking smile

syed ahmad

No Kevlar the Voodoo3 dosen't support FSAA sorry dub you need at lease Voodoo4 for that.

Creative screwed up their stupid drivers.

YOU HAVE TO SET BASIC Acceleration for the Audio to completely work but if you try to use some EAX your speakers will crackle..

ALl the video problems were fixed by that..

WTF!!!

Anyways My computer crashes after about an hour of gameplay of either Homeworld, homeworld cataclyst and RED ALERT 2...

IF I use voodoo 4/5 drivers they will make it crash in 2 mins!!

if im usin v4/v5 drivers (1.04) wif dx8 wif my Voodoo3 OpenGL in q3a sux. If my desktop is 1024 and i wanna run q3a in 800*600 i run it in windowed mode ?? :)) V4/5 drvs sux if u wanna play q3a