Compatible Support Forums
smithjrwi

Usb and registry Mystery

Has any one taken a look at their registry settings under Hkey_local_machine\System\currentcontrolset\Enum\Usb\ and see a key called Vid_0000&PID_0000, but you cannot view the key properties(also note I have admin privilege), change any of the values, create any keys, and the last two keys end with 1 and 2 (the information for the driver Unknown).Also the properties of all the hubs installed cannot be changed or viewed.

If anyone knows how to remove these keys, you could probably refresh the controllers information and stop recurring "Unknown Driver" installations. Just a Hunch.

I just don't know the info of the default keys, or if any are supposed to be located in the key VID_0000&PID_0000. The reason I suggest this is because I uninstalled All Controllers and hubs, But two unknown devices keep reinstalling themselves. This is possibly suggesting something (the registry?) is Holding the Information somewhere else. Hence, the constant installing and reinstalling of the “Unknown Device” on the disabled hubs and controllers when “detect hardware changes” is pressed . If anyone with working registry keys can take a look and see if this is happening on your system this could help a lot.