Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrPaulW

Dual CPU Motherboards

I'm looking to get a dual cpu motherboard that is fully compatible with the Windows 2000 os. Has anybody got any ideas on what motherboards i should be looking at. I am hoping to use my intel pentium III 650 cpu with the option of adding another one at a later date. Or i can get old of a pain of old Pentium II 450s on the cheap and build a system around them.

Any ideas guys ?

I would check out the reviews over at www.2cpu.com they have some good reports on stuff like that.

Really check up on the type of Motherboard you get and make sure the Slot types are the same. " it sounds stupid but I heard of a guy buying a dual Socket 370 board but having 2 Slot 1 PIII's"

as far as the P II's I wouldn't fool with them they are as Expensive as a PIII 500 so put the money towards another P III in a year the 650's will be very cheap. I am doing the same thing with my system . a P3 600 and a p3 500 . I am going with the Tyan Tiger 133.

As far an the OS. the question isn't finding a Motherboard to be compatible with the OS it is finding a OS that works with SMP "Multi Processor". Win 2000 works fine and most newer mother boards are win 2000 compatible..

Good Luck , Sparkhard

[This message has been edited by Sparkhard (edited 10 October 2000).]

I have a Microstar 694D-PRO with 2x733`s@807,Win2k..and so on.It has been running great for the past couple of weeks.I have a lot of postings at 2CPU.com about it.

------------------

2x733@807,Win2k,256meg Mushkin,Annihilator 2,M.S.I 694D-PRO..etc