Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
VileSword

Omikron on XP 64 bit

Im running xp 64 pro and I can't seem to get Omikron: The Nomad Soul to work. I've downloaded and no cd crack and have made sure to put in disc 2 when i start the game. If I try to use disc 2, the program asked for me to put "disc 2" in. Which I have mounted with Daemon tools. And if I use the no cd crack, by replacing the runtime.exe the screen turns black makes a few noises and shuts down.

Any ideas?

Game works fine on 2000/XP/2003 32 and 64bit and Vista 32 and 64bit.

Haven't tested it with XP 64bit yet.

Assuming the game files are not corrupted then it's likely a video driver issue.

I suppose the game files could be corrupted, but apparently the ISO's did work for others. Im using a nvidia 8600gt, and i downloaded the latest drivers for it about a month ago.

I had a similar problem with fallout 2, but deleting one line in the .ini file allowed me to run it.

I'd like to find someone else who uses xp 64 and has Omikron. So far google has failed me.

The latest NVidia drivers and old games rarely mix well.

If I can before I leave on vacation on Thursday I'll load up a laptop with XP 64bit to take with me. I can pretty much guarantee that it will work fine though since I used the same laptop when I tested Omikron on the OS's I listed above.

I did find an odd suggestion on youtube of all places. One of the comments suggested that I turn the video files into .txt. It skips the movies all together, but I could start up the game.

Had to turn down the graphics pretty low because it was extremely slow. And after I finish talking with K'ayl and go through the portal I get the blue screen of death lol.

It's possible you don't have a video codec installed that the game needs.

You can try opening the video files with VideoLan to identify what codec it needs and then just install that codec or if you don't want to bother then you can install the Community Codec pack.

For the BSOD you should write down what driver file and error message (0x00000xxx) you receive.

Likely it is video/sound.