Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
INFERNO2000

Dual Montiors, Dual Videocards, Hauppauge WinTV GO! and Win2

I'm wondering if it's possible to set up 2 video cards, and ATI Xpert XL PCI and an Nvidia GeForce DDR in Windows 2000, in such a way that I can run all my windows applications on my 17" monitor(plugged into my GeForce), and have WinTV running on my 14" monitor(plugged into my Xpert). I would need to do this using different resolutions..800x600 with my Xpert, and 1280x 1024 with my GeForce.

Is this possible to setup? System resources is not a problem...I have enough PCI slots, and Memory to run everything properly. I'm just wondering about limitations of software.

You should be able to. The only thing holding you back might be the availability of good drivers for that ATI card. ATI is STILL struggling to get non-beta Win2K drivers available.

FWIW, I've got a Viper V770, and an ATI AIW 128 - which would allow me to output it to TV (though I'm not touching the ATI beta drivers. The last time I did, my system went belly up.)

HTH

the resolution thing shouldn't be a problem. i have used a 17 @ 1024/768 and a 15 @ 800/600 and i worked great. I am getting a new 19 inch flat samsung monitor next week which will be nice. Then my 17 incher will be the small one. I can't f.uckin wait.

------------------

My System

Dell Demension XPS T500

Dual Boot

Windows 2000 Pro 2195

Windows Millennium Final

PIII @ 500 Mhz (with after market heatsink and dual fan)

256 Megs Ram

TNT2 Ultra Graphics Card

Matrox Millennium PCI (for second monitor)

3Com 10/100 Ethernet Card

3Com 56k Modem

12.6 Gig IBM HD

40X CD Rom Drive

100 Mb Zip Drive

MS Optical Mouse

I am having a lot of problem running my Wintv pci with dual monitors in win2k. The system with either lockup the minute I run the wintv application or bad video image with high CPU usage. It works great if I disable the second monitor when watch TV. According to Hauppauge, my problem has to do with via chipset in win2k. Hope you have better luck than me.

My system:

Win2k pro

Athlon 700, Abit K7a, 256MB

3D prophet DDR-DVI

TNT1 PCI

SB live vaule

Netgear FX310

WinTV PCI