Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
franzj

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz in Win2k

Hi,

I just bought Turtle Beache's latest sound card, the Santa Cruz, assuming that at least their Windows NT 4 drivers would work. And, sadly, they don't work. Does anyone have any knowledge to when and where I can get drivers for this product? Thanks in advance.

franzj

Well,

I'm glad to see that no one had a response to my above question, because I did eventually get beta drivers. In case anyone was in my situation, I thought I'd leave an update. Turtle Beach seems to have its act together. Of course it should with a brand new sound card.

Francis

I was thinking about buying a new sound card with w2k support (I mean REAL support like what you used to get in w98) with a3d and eax. I'm still going to wait until someone has soild drivers for w2k. NO MORE BETA!!

Right now I'm using a Diamond MX300 card using Aureal's beta (sux) drivers which seem to work really well except for NO EAX and some A3D support.

Gee, you would think with all the people who are using w2k and Aureal's chipset should at least get better drivers, from Creative of course! I just hope Creative considers our feelings we had towards Aureal and how they gave us 3D sound. Creative should at least give something back for taking something away from us.

franzj, did you upgrade from a live card? and if so how do you think it compares. I think the Live card is good but the current Live Win2K drivers hold it back from being great. Too bad creative doesn't seem to care very much.

I'm considering getting the UK version of the Santa Cruz - the Videologic SonicFury (i assume it's based on the same reference board). I'm wondering.. how good are the win2k beta drivers? The beta drivers for the Live and MX300 seem to leave a lot to be desired...

test...

EDIT: my posts didn't seem to be showing up... but they work now =)

[This message has been edited by SmallPileofGibs (edited 28 September 2000).]