Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
INFERNO2000

CPU Cooling discrepency

Howdy...it's me again.

Quick question.

I bought a $9 heatsink/fan combo to hold off till I got a golden orb(though thinking about a peltier).

Using Asus's PC-Probe 2.11 or 2.12, my CPU temp in windows goes from 80, to about 60 degrees(F).

However, when rebooted, in the bios it distinctly shows about 90 degrees.

Any ideas on what the problem is? Fluke or actually decent heatsink(which I doubt)

Since no one answered...I thought I'd try again:

I've used 4 different BIOSes(1001A, 1002.005, 1002.007, and now 1003.002)...and I still have this problem

I'm now running a Golden Orb...otherwise, this is the same thing, except it says 46 degrees Fahrenheit...

Anyone else get this problem?

The latest PC Probe fixed the CPU temp issue for me (Version 2.12.02). Running BIOS 1002 Final (I believe it was 1002.5). And PC Probe 2.12.01, <- the 01, did not give the correct temp.

Get PC Probe 2.12.02 from the link on the right on www.cusl2.com (a great place for CUSL2 owners to check out.)

HTH.

Yo do have the CUSL2, right?

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

.02 fixed it!

Now I know that my cpu thing is working properly..although it jumps from about 89 degrees idle(mobo 87) to 100 degrees active(89 mobo)....but that's well within limits...my Athlon ran at over 110 when I just had an exhaust and intake fan(plus the CPU fan)

That's well within limits, but I would think it is a tad warm.

My CUSL2 with a 933MHz runs at 30-32C/86-94F, the mboard at 23-26C/74-79F, with the ambient temp around 20-22C/68-72F. (I wear long sleave shirts and sweaters to work even when it's 90F+ outside... and I still freeze my butt off in here!)

Later!