Sign in to follow this  
Hercules

Chassis fan stays on in hibernation

Hello,

I have an Aopen HX 45 Miditower with the following products:

Abit BE 6-II motherboard (U66 disabled)

Celeron 466

192 MB SDRAM

13,5 GB 7200 U66 IBM Deskstar (running on U33)

Diamond Viper V770 TNT 2 No ULTRA

Soundblaster Live Value

Windows 2000 build 2195.

Now if i set the computer in hibernation (that's why i disabled the u66 hpt366 controller, because hpt366 is not able to run in hibernation) the chassisfan will not be quiet. It stays blowing. There are no wires out of the chassisfan or something that can be connected to the motherboard.

How can i get my computer quiet in hibernation mode????

The chassis fan is usually linked to a temperature sensor, so it'll keep running for a while after the machine shuts down - until the case temp drops enough.

Usually in the Power Management section in the BIOS, there's a setting for turning fan on/off in suspend. Try turning it off. I saw you have an Abit mobo, they're good, and i think they have that option

good luck,

riz

Uh - you got hibernation to work??!!!

I have a BE6 (not -II, but the original) and it doesn't have the otion of turning off the HPT 366 controller. When I try to hibernate, the machine goes into a "HD light on a few seconds - off a few seconds - on, off, etc" loop, and doesn't respond to anything except reset (not even ctrl-alt-del). My HD is on the hpt366 controller, BTW.

Anyone else with an ABIT BE6 have any luck?

(I know this isn't exactly the thread subj - sorry! But I just kind of got fired up . . . )

for those with the be6-2, the hpt366 can hibernate, just getthe latest drivers and bios for it from abit's website, and all is well. tho i had no end of problems with the controller i ended up disabling it and buying a promise udma card. from what i understand, the be6 should also be able to disable teh hpt366, its an option in the bios somewhere i believe

------------------

<A HREF="http://www.thewolfslair.com

" TARGET=_blank>www.thewolfslair.com

</A>