Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Grathol

Diamond Monster Sound MX300/Win2K

Hi there,

I'm running Windows 2000 Professional and I have a Diamond Monster Sound MX300. I've got a rather interesting problem (I think I do, anyway :)) I'm using the standard Aureal A3D chipset drivers that come with W2K and periodically my sound randomly cuts out. I've got service patch 1 installed, and when I run programs like Winamp/Sound Recorder and hit "play" the play bar doesn't move at all (it stays frozen at that point in the file) even if it died in the middle of a file. CD audio still works when its like this, and there is no apparent tie-in to when it happens, its seemingly random, sometimes during the startup noise, sometimes a few hours down the line. After rebooting, I get sound back though (but it still randomly dies, exactly the same as previously mentioned). Anyone else have this problem/know how to fix it? Thanks...

------------------

| Phillip Ames

| ICQ: 8778335

| AIM: Grathol

"Feel that you're able, feel that you're able to do what it is you need to, when this city life, is dragging, this city life, is dragging us down..."

--Stroke 9, "City Life", 1999

Ooops, just found the old thread, sorry about reposting.

(old link) : http://www.ntcompatible.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002439.html

damnit! frown

------------------

| Phillip Ames

"Feel that you're able, feel that you're able to do what it is you need to, when this city life, is dragging, this city life, is dragging us down..."

I personally would just junk it and get a SB Live considering Aureal went out of business. IE, no new drivers ever.

I ordered a live! value last night, decided "to hell with it" because I knew of Aureal going out and Diamond trying to ditch support for older cards. Oh well, I'll just slap it in another machine.

------------------

| Phillip Ames