Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tekchip

Good computers with linux gaming. A good combination?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

I'm thinking of starting a buisness building computers. I definately wouldn't be the first to do so. ;-) The spin I plan to put on it is a support of linux gaming. Linux pre-installed on the systems. Possibly even providing pre-installed xqf and some cd's with good linux games like frozen-bubble etc. Once I get things rolling possibly even sell systems with UT2K3 or other linux native capable games pre-installed. Does this sound like a good idea? Would any one out there considering buying such a system either soon or in the near future? Please let me know in the poll. Thanks!

I have voted no

because I would'nt buy an allready built computer.

I enjoy building it myself too much, and installing the

operating system is the same.

There is a shop in internet that sells gaming computers pre installed with gentoo, Sorry cant remenber the link. smile

i would buy a prebiult pre installed gentoo system for gaming but i would have to be able to have input on some of the packeges installed (i honestly don't know how well package requests would work if at all) becuase if your selling computers thats alot of work to put custimized installs on several systems

i suppose it would work great for people who want gentoo or debian (or suse or redhat for some of those who are new to linux) but don't want to have to install it themselves

I think there would be people who would be interested in it.. but I'm not sure it would sell so well. It would be a good price because it's without the propietary OS, and was built by hand, but the problem arises in that many people would think... well why not buy a games console?

The idea of optimisations for the OS is great for a gaming machine and everything but console games can be optimized to buggery because everyone has the same hardware..

The target demagraphic would be pissed that you are using "gaming" but not offering them the ability to play the games that they want. There are so few native linux games out now. I know this will change soon, but as of now there is no support for popular games like BF1942 and COD.

While you can install WineX and hope to get them running that way, it is too tempremental and you'll spend more time with tech support then selling PC's.

i would cept a few things

the parts you use ie processor or graphic, i prefer amd and nvidia

and b ive been dying to build my own pc just need the cash but its not a bad idea you might want to try it on ebay first

Did you ever get that gaming company going ? I just saw this post listed on Google, and wanted to reply. I have a company building high gaming boxes, either dual boot, or as a stand alone OS, and then custom configured, setup to the customers tastes, and for Linux all custom built and compiled. We where the first and original gaming company to come along and do this. We're the only one in the world also presently doing this. :-)

www.alohapcs.com