Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
0mega100

Resident Evil Graphics Issue

Hey guys,I recently installed Resident Evil 1 to my computer. I inserted the disk, set all the exe. files to Windows 95 compatibilty mode, installed all of the files, and ran it. Everything seemed fine until I arrived in the mansion. Duplications of the characters began to appear everywhere and when I began to move, Chris left a trail of duplications of himself behind him. I've looked around everywhere incessantly to no avail. I've noticed quite a few people complaining of this problem, unfortunately no solution has been stated as of yet. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Here's one example:

untitled-4.jpg

Which video card did you select on install? Matrox always worked well for me.

I believe I chose intergraph intense 3d. Matrox? I don't see that anywhere in the list. Care to clarify?

During install there should be an option for Matrox. That's the one I always choose because the others never work. (at least for me)

Hmm, okay. I suppose I'll uninstall it and reinstall (choosing Matrox). I'll get back to you very soon. Just curious, when you chose the wrong card, did you have a problem similar to mine?

Okay, after installing and playing with Matrox, my problem was only compounded. Along with my aforementioned errors, I had these large lines on my screen in a grid pattern. I switched back to rendition and the lines were gone, unfortunately said issue still exists. I'm really hoping I can get to the bottom of this or if someone else can help me. Thanks.