Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silent-IQ

WinTV2000 picture aligment problem?

After i installed my wintv2000 software for the second time this time using the WDM drivers the picture moved a little to the right and the reciveing is terrible, anyone know why?

before i was using the drivers that were shipped with the CD VFM drivers and it workerd just fine...but this time i could not install them...dont have a clue why...do you?

/Silent-IQ

WDM drivers are a no no.

In fact I'm thinking all huappuage products/software are a no no.

Its most likely an overlay issue, (what else could it be?).

If the background is pink when its dragged, then basically the tv card is not passing the data over the PCI bus properly to the video card (a Nvidia, by any chance?). After a few bad attempts it hangs. At that level it will either cause a major pause, or a complete halt, not even BSOD. In win98, I can enlarge the picture move it, then the third change always hangs the system. Your just left with garbage, and a little picture still moving! On the bright side though, I just bought an athlon, and new mobo (replacing a K6-2), and it now works with full overlay, and some registry tweaking in win98 :)).

Its only a matter of time before win2k starts working. I'd give it another couple of years.

Hmm...well i have no problems with hanging and stuff just that the picture is something to the right and its bigger than it suppose to be...